Starting as a blacksmith shop in 1928 in Ellenville, NY, this family owned company has evolved to employ over 100 people across two shifts and is continuously growing. Amthor International constantly strives to make cutting edge industry innovations including patents and improvements to existing products, improving employee training and education, and improving communication with customers through technology. The future of Amthor International includes an off site Train2Work employee training program, a full service leasing company, entering into new tanker markets, expanding our ready to go stock tanker trucks, and launching a chassis connection program which allows us to pass great savings on top chassis makes to our customers.
It’s easier than ever to stay in touch with Amthor International. Stay connected by downloading our latest Smartphone app and get fast access to information like stock tanker units for sale, warranty info, our full product line and much more! In addition to our app, customers, dealers, and distributors can now have real time access to their tank production schedule through Trello. See where your tanker is in the production line, estimated ship time, view photos and more! The new production schedule can be accessed online or downloaded as an app on any smartphone device. Amthor International also has a series of microsites for the refined fuel, vacuum, and propane tanker truck industries to give you direct and easy access to the information you need, right at your fingertips.
In addition to designing and manufacturing tanker trucks and parts, Amthor International also helps clients with financing through Horizon Capital Services.
As a family owned and operated company, the Amthor family takes pride in each and every one of our products. Not only do we set the industry standard for the quality of our products, we also set the standard for family owned companies. Our greatest achievement is to make you and your business part of our family.
- 1928: Amthor’s first opens its doors as Ed Amthor’s Blacksmith Shop in Ellenville, NY.
- 1942: On Ed’s 75th birthday, he shoes his last horse. The blacksmith shop closes.
- 1943: The company is passed down to Ed’s son, William Amthor, who moves the facility to Walden, NY where he has a small welding shop.
- 1952: William relocates across the road. Amthor’s main product is farm machinery and truck equipment.
- 1976: William retires, passes the torch to his son Arnold “Butch” Amthor, who already has 22 years experience working for the company with his father, and his wife Alice Amthor.
- 1980: Butch and Alice take the company to new heights by innovative manufacturing methods and marketing numerous and varied products. During this time, Butch and Alice work together as President and Vice-President, respectively.
- 1992: Amthor opens a 47,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Gretna, Virginia where we manufacture refined fuel delivery units, fire tankers, water trucks and much more.
- 1998: Amthor adds a 10,000 square foot addition to house their newly-revamped propane tank delivery line. The company brings its fourth generation into the company — David and Brian Amthor. David Amthor works in the New York facility as the company’s general manager. Brian heads up the marketing, sales, and public relations end of the business.
- 1999: Amthor Incorporated is now the largest tank truck manufacturer in North America and number two in the entire world.
- 2000: Amthor now has numerous distributors and dealers throughout North America and the Caribbean and that number is growing rapidly.
- 2001: As an internationally-renowned corporation, Amthor has built products for countless companies across six continents, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe, Australia
- 2004: Amthor opens W.M. Amthor Trucking Company to deliver all of their manufactured products.
- 2005: Amthor opens Amthor AutoWorx, their Automotive Customization and Accessory Headquarters division.
- 2006: Amthor opens Horizon Capital Services to offer full financing packages to our customers as part of our ONE stop program with Brian Amthor as President
- 2010: Amthor teams with International Tanks/Navistar to form the North American Specialized/Amthor tank program for the USA and Canada
- 2011: Amthor teams with Hino on United Sates Tank Program
- 2012: Amthor teams with UD Trucks North America on United States Tank Program, builds an 8,000 square foot addition to Greta facility, adds 50 additional job
- 2013: Amthor launches first Iphone/Android app
2014: Amthor International introduces their very first magazine, Amthor ExperienceAmthor International introduces their new (Patent Pending) hydraulic rear door opener for their vacuum tanks called “The Claw”
- 2015: Amthor teams up with Virginia Technical Institute to create Amthor University, a 4-6 week long off – site training program for new employees consisting of various workshops for each production role.
- 2016: Amthor initiates a large scale rebranding project to update identity and technology platforms to better serve customers.
- 2017: We celebrate our 25th anniversary with our customers, distributors, and dealers!